Sunday, January 04, 2009

Notorious for 09

I just had to put that out because I liked how it sounds. Notorious for 09. Biding a farewell to 2008, I must say that last year was the largest amount of information posted for the year. Needless to say, it was an interesting year to say the least. I hate new years resolutions which is why I am making my traditional one, to abstain from them. I've come to understand one thing-- under promise and over-deliver. That way one can rarely over commit. There are some things however that will be a little different with the blog this year. One, more media. Now that youtube has become more user friendly with their embedded code I hope to provide more video posts in addition to other widgets so that my loyal band of readers will be inclined not just to read my posts/rants/fears etc, but also feel free to chill and even participate in the discourse. Two-I may be a little light on posts this year part due the one exception for resolutions I am making this year: GRADUATE! Now that I have passed my comprehensives and have a better grasp of my dissertation topic, the goal is to be in Ph.D. candidacy by April (aka ABD all but dead) and Dr. Russ by December of 09. Three, continue my journey into the magnified world of hegemonic legalized white supremacy. Again, for those who are newly initiated, borrowing from the words of Julius Ceaser, "I've come to bury whiteness, not praise it." That means the supremacist ideologies of racalized and classed hierarchies which have been cultured, politicalized, legalized and normalized the way people have been forced, better conditioned to look at the world. Our American Media System clearly be it print, interactive or digital represents the primary conduit for this latent conditioning, hence the devaluation of lives of color: Allow me to present this stunning example: The Hidden Race War of Katrina
courtesy of the Nation Institute

No comments: