Monday, July 16, 2007

NEXT!!! Unedited

I W. Russell Robinson whole heartily admit, especially to Ms. McCaffrey that yes I do have a bias. This could be the reason why I submitted my bias/opinion to the opinions page. I welcome all opinions and I am grateful to the Herald Sun for publishing not just my opinion but all other opinions including yours. This, I’m sure you may know, is what Jürgen Habermas coined the as public sphere. In fact if you have read any other of my biased letters, you may have observed that have predilection all things that are fair and just. By design or by coincidence, I noticed that you failed to mention that I considered Nifong’s methods “reprehensible.” I also observed that you chose not to challenge the facts I presented via ESPN nor take a position on the sexist bording racist slur hurled by Rush Limbaugh. If we can, lets sidestep opinion for a bit and come back to some simple facts. These boys have a history of throwing wild parties and underage drinking. These boys ordered up an exotic dancer for delivery. Do these behaviors personify mature college students? Unless college has changed, theses actions are pretty thuggish. Nifong called them hooligans. Again, that’s not me, that Nifong speaking. One additional criticism I do have with Nifong however was that some deal was made to allow these boys to surrender to the authories. Somehow that was prearranged. In fact, in 2006 attorneys Mitchelson and Calloway suggested that lawyers have a media strategy in place. If you would like to know more about it we could meet for lunch and discuss it.

Sincerely,

W. Russell Robinson

No comments: