Monday, July 16, 2007

NEXT!!!

Bias freely admitted


I wholeheartedly admit, especially to Nancy McCaffrey [Letters, July 9] that, yes, I do have a bias. This could be the reason I submitted my bias/opinion to the opinions page. I welcome all opinions, and I am grateful to The Herald-Sun for publishing not just my opinion but all other opinions, including yours. This, I'm sure you may know, is what Jâ??ºrgen Habermas coined the as public sphere.

In fact, if you have read any other of my biased letters, you may have observed the predilection for things that are fair and just. By design or coincidence, I noticed that you failed to mention that I considered former district attorney Mike Nifong's methods "reprehensible." I also observed that you chose not to challenge the facts I presented via ESPN nor take a position on the sexist and bordering on racist slur hurled by Rush Limbaugh.

If we can, lets sidestep opinion for a bit and come back to some simple facts. These boys have a history of throwing wild parties and underage drinking. These boys ordered up an exotic dancer for delivery. Do these behaviors personify mature college students?

W. RUSSELL ROBINSON
Durham
July 16, 2007

No comments: