Saturday, May 15, 2010

Ugly and then DAMN Ugly

Its late. I'm up, part due to the fact that I may have had a little too much prune juice. If you don’t know what that’s like, try it. I promise you, it will be an unforgettable experience. Channel surfing, I come across Geraldo at Large on Fox and I see something that is just, plain, startling. There is this video which is just too shocking to believe. At first I thought it was just two kids fighting in school. But why would that make Geraldo at Large at 1:30AM. Then I see the reporter cut to a shot of this young brother anchored with a white lawyer to the left and a white lawyer to the right. The reporter is saying something to the effect that he is the victim in the video. ?Victim? to me it just looked like a regular street fight. Thug vs thug. Oh, no, the bomb shell hits. The one who is just clocking this kid is a teacher. This is not like the thuggish hulking male gym teacher we all have seen at one time or another; but a 120 pound light weight, 40 year old female, who looked like she was having a DMX moment.


You know the verse, Yall gone make me loose my mind, up in here, up in here, Yall gone make me go all out, up in here, up in here, Yall gone make me act a fool, up in here, up in here, Yall gone make me loose my cool, up in here, up in here. Even worse, this is black on black crime. Yes. I said it, the teacher is black. If ever, there was a clear cut way, to successfully terminate your teaching career, this is it! This reminds me of the asswhipping I got from my mom, the Queen Mother. Its hard not to look at that as a parent, let alone, as an educator, and not react. Please allow me to put this in writing. I think my co-parent and I are on the same page when it comes to matters of our child. If any teacher puts their hands on RedChief, she will put her hands on them. If anybody else puts their hands on RedChief, in a way that is not life preserving, I will just simply release the co-parent on them. That having been said, if I have to get involved in it, let there be no mistake, there will be some sad singing and flower bringing. Admittedly, I am extremely prejudice in matters of our son. I'd rather be judged by 12, than have my son carried by six. Now all that said, I also feel the need to add, the little-big man in this video did in fact need to be disciplined. Listening to the raw tape, it appears as though our little angel did cross the line to the point where his wings needed to be clipped. You don't pick on mentally challenged people. Its obvious to me, at least that is what turned this frail looking teacher into the bionic, she-hulk . I mean she ripped the desk out the floor, threw it in the corner, then got low and went to boxing on this kid. The type of asswhipping delivered here I dare say was a classic 1982 asswhipping. She had on Vans sneakers, blue jeans I mean she was dressed to deliver a beat down in a pizza box to your front door. Its so ugly you have to laugh at it to some degree because its just so ridiculous. Many teachers I am sure have thought about going over the line. Hell, I've destroyed students cell phones if they didn't get the message when I took their call in class. I've closed and locked the door on students who were habitually late for my classes. Hell, I've shredded student's 15 page papers in front of them when they tried to give them to me late. I admit it, I'm probably like the late Buford Pusser when it comes to teaching. My class, my time. Do not waste my time. Do not try to clown me on my time, because in the end, I'm giving the grade and i'm getting my check at the end of the month! In the words of one of my frat brothers, there is no way, NO WAY, a child will keep me from my dollars. Now granted my stunts i did with grown ass college students who for the most part know the code of the streets. For the uninitiated, that means this: don't start with me, and I won't start with you. Even if you do start with me, I'm going to still be professional. I'm professional not just for the knowledge, skills, and abilities I bring to the table, but also for my ability to remain calm under pressure. This means there will not be fights breaking out in my classroom. This means as the teacher, my knowledge of the content shuts you down in the event, you the student choose to act up. This means, I have speed dial to security and the local PD on my phone and will evacuate the room to have said disruptive student removed. Now that said, I hope to God this teacher learns from her mistakes. I hope she is given an opportunity to earn a chance at redemption. But right now there is the bad, the ugly and this, the damn ugly.

No comments: