Sunday, May 02, 2010

Wassabi Tuna and the IRB

first, I did something I haven't done in a while, I went out. No it was not an offically date for two reasons. Admiditly I am emotionally vulnerable right now and to even think about that really is not in my best interest. It was an opprotunity to go
out have a good laugh and enjoy company of the female sex on Friday night. Guess what: I actually had fun. I mean I had intellegent stimulating non confrontentational conversation. It was great. There was no talk of sex and strangely I shared a small part of my self with her, my love of bookstores. After dinner at the cheesecake factory, note this was my first meal at the cheese cake factory, we actually had deep conversation. I wanted to know more about her, she wanted to know more a out my fear of fish, we discussed each others vulnerabilities. It just felt different. Now this wassabi tuna on the other hand, like I said, I like fish as long as it is in a plate, it was surprisingly good on the way down. Now later that night, like clock work, my alergies open wide. Guess that this means, a night of sneezing, snoring and blowing my 14k dollar nose. Right now I am still feeling some of the after effect. We took a walk to the book store (Note to the brothers in my situation: ladies love it when you allow her to see you for who you really are) and there I introduced her to books I have read, come
in contact with and even books related to my research. Here is the funny thing, she hadmentioned Hill Harper. I was like he's alright, but if you really want to engage in writers who in opinion who really engage the multimimentional discourse of people of color, especially when they operate within the duality of being African and American Dubois, hooks, Lorde, Locke, Hill-Collins
I mean it was fun for both of us as was able to act like I knew a little something, she geniunelly was interested. We even clowned eachother in the Dvd section. All in all I had a great time which was a long time overdue.
Now on to blasting the IRB. Turns out some items were missing and I found out about it over the weekend. Needless
to say I have till Sunday (meaning today to get them in). On the positive side, I am one step
closer to my goal today Than I was yesterday. Foodles!

No comments: