Tuesday, April 06, 2010

And now In this Corner

Grandparents are hypocrites. I'm serious. Why is it that grandparents like to spoil the grandchildren. This installment of the sitcom called my life goes back to my child. Bedtime. Why is it that bedtime has to be a night time soap opera? It's 9:30, he is trying so hard to fight sleep like Rocky, and now saying he's hungry. Now he ate; like food was going out of style. In fact I packed a serious lunch for the lad so I know he can't be hungry. In fact the grandparents decided that oh--its brownie night. Not just brand x brownies, oh no--- double fudge caramel Duncan Hines brownies. Let the games begin. First he starts running around the house. Then he starts throwing the pillows around. The he starts jumping around like house of pain. Then 9:00 -- bedtime blues. Daddy, I'm hungry. No burh you are not hungry. What you are experiencing is a sugar high that was induced by your grandmother. Now you have to crash which is not going to take more time than the usual time. Even as I take time to type this this boy is like so not listening to his only daddy. I just had to pull out the big guns, yank the pacifier. Oh now he wants to comply I think because he is really trying hard to stay in the bed. Well the grandparent heist will be over soon as I have finally gotten the lease on my new APT. I don't feel like the TLC scrub as I was for the past few months. I mean I have a car but because of the transition, and the thousands of dollars spent on mediation and potential litigation it kinda makes one wonder how they can keep their head straight, let alone a dollar in their pocket. Lets see it's 9:42-- he is still kicking but not as hard so I think he knows as his wonderpets say, "This is serious." Oh, I hear a yawn. I think we might be on our way to the sandman's house. It's now 9:45, home slice is not moving as hard but he is still hanging in there. -- Let see he is now sucking on his paci pretty hard now.. Oh-- do I hear the heavy breathing-- do I hear the sweet sweet sounds of him starting to snore? Great, now I have to sneeze, if I sneeze he's going to do what--say Bless you Daddy. Please don't let me sneeze... It's 9:47 and he's now starting to do the hamburgler. The wubble wubble and there goes another yawn. Ok now its 9:49 and homeslice is turning in the bed still not going down without a fight. But at least he is quiet. One day when he is older I am going to read this to him, hopefully, there will still be Blogger by the time he is a -- DAMN, he just said daddy. Its now 9:52 and homeslice is still putting up good fight. I think the sandman is coming in pretty good now--note to self, when he is in his room at daddy's spot, make sure to remove all distractions at sleep time. 9:54, I think the sand man has him down-- the ref is counting-- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, --- oh no he's up again going at it, but I think the sandman is coming back and homeslice is back on the canvas, the ref steps in fo the count: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, damn-- I sneezed-- he got up now explaining the political correctness of sneezing. Daddy, when you sneeze, I have to say bless you. Bless you daddy, -- thank you I say. Note to self, next time an allergy attack happens, have plenty of antihistamine on standby. Ok the sandman is getting back up. Ok I'm watching the sandman shake it off and he's circling, --This is my round, I'm going to take you this time and wait, wait, I think the ref is signaling, homeslice's trainer is throwing in the towel, it looks like it's all over for home slice-- Not a minute too soon, it's now 10:01. The single dad's MMA, sleep fighting.

No comments: