Sunday, April 25, 2010

Good Deeds Go Unpunished

Last week I think I actually saw that good deeds do sometimes go unpunished. In my dealings with the dominant other here are a few random acts of kindness that reminded me there is some hope:
In the parking lot-- I extended some curtesy over a parking space to a white driver, instead he allows me to take the space.
At the gas station--I allowed a white female driver to take my spot at the pump because she forgot to put her gas in the car. As I made the same mistake, I moved my car to the other pump, and an older whit woman thanked me
for my generous nature as opposed to me making her wait.
At the gym, I spotted three white people in one day, and the same white woman at the gas station spotted
me when I failed to lift some weight at the gym she and I share.
Maybe there is hope after all.

No comments: